Tuesday 6 January 2015

OUGD601 - Context of Practice 3: Crit 1

Today I had a COP3 practical crit with about 6 of us at college. I wrote down some questions and took with me a small mock up of my initial ideas as well as the bag of pasta which I will be designing the labels for. I asked the following questions. 

I received feedback concerning the bag of pasta as well as the measure and someone said that I should perhaps use some glue dots to keep them together as one product and stop them from falling apart. As much as I like this idea I don't think it is necessary as it may ruin the finish of the measuring cup if the sticky dots leave marks on it. 

Another idea which someone else suggested was the fact that the measure could act as a bowl as well giving it another purpose. I like this idea but don't think it would be possible for me to create a bowl of the correct shape and size which would be appropriate for the measure as well.

When I asked about the use of colour and how Tony had suggested that I should use the store cupboard yellow for this project to make it stand out from other products, the group agreed and suggested that I should also experiment with other colours as well just to show development and make sure I had made the right decision. 


No comments:

Post a Comment