Friday 19 December 2014

OUGD601 - Context of Practice 3: Potential Containers (Research)

Having decided that I am going to be designing a pasta measurer, I thought it would be worthwhile carrying out some research into potential containers which I could buy and brand myself. Below are some of the most appropriate examples I came across.

I thought it might be quite striking to have the Love Food branding on the container with the green lid as it would fit in with their branding. However, this isn't really the right shape to be using to measure pasta so I don't think I will. 


I could also buy some containers of various sizes and create my own product by attaching them together in some way and having each section for a different pasta measure. 


These sealing bags would be easy to store away when not in use and they would be easy for me to apply branding to, as I could simply have some clear labels printed.


I quite like the shape of the bags below as they remind me of the Tala measuring cone in terms of the shape. I think they are a bit more visually appealing, as opposed to straight up and down at the sides.


Here I thought I could perhaps adapt this container into a pasta measurer. The only problem is, I feel as though I am starting to worry about the container more than the actual design of the product. 


I also thought about sticking two funnels together to create my own measuring cone which would form the shape of an egg timer almost. Again, I feel as though I am focusing a bit too much on the form of the product.


No comments:

Post a Comment