Wednesday 12 November 2014

OUGD601 - Context of Practice 3: Meeting with Tony and Shelley from Tesco

After meeting with Tony Scott several times, I had mentioned to him whether it would be possible for me to be put in contact with Tesco to discuss the opportunities of working with them in some way to allow my practical outcome for COP3 to be applied to the real world. As soon as I mentioned it, he got in touch with his contact at Tesco and organised a meeting for us on November 12th. 

I wrote down all of my ideas on paper and spent a couple of hours discussing them with Tony and Shelley. I found this really interesting and quite eye opening at the same time. Shelley works at a store in Liverpool and tries to bring the community closer, by encouraging them all to work together to achieve results where food waste in concerned. I explained how I am a graphic designer, and how although food is directly related, I have to produce an outcome which is directly related to packaging design, as this is what I am interested in and what I want to showcase in my portfolio when I graduate. 

She said that she would help me in anyway possible. When all three of us were discussing various ideas, we eventually came up with an idea which we could potentially pitch to Tesco. The idea is based around having a POS display in the entrance of Tesco, which have information leaflets/reusable bags to take around the supermarket with you and fill up to place in the food collection box at the end of the shopping experience. All three of us were extremely enthusiastic and Shelley invited both of us to attend a meeting with Tesco as well as all of the local organisations in the area, to discuss potential ideas for the future. 

Shelley provided me with the email addresses and contact details for a variety of different people, including Mark Thomas and Ben Davis who are both managers within Tesco. I was so pleased with the results from this meeting and very excited about the future meetings and the potential for ideas to grow and develop. 








No comments:

Post a Comment