Thursday 4 September 2014

OUGD601 - Context of Practice 3: Momo Hello Show (Pot Noodle Experiential)

On the 29th May I visited Momentum Manchester. This was an opportunity for me to network with the people who work there as well as anyone who had signed up for the Momo Hello Show. It was a great opportunity as I spoke to the Creative Director and have been in touch ever since and we are currently in talks about a possible placement. 

The main thing I took away from this event was the exposure I had to experiential marketing. I had never really heard much about it before, as marketing isn't something we really cover on the course. It attracted my attention straight away however, as it made me think of a giant interactive piece of packaging design. 

The example they had on show that night was the Pot Noodle experiential work they had completed for Asda. As it reads, the idea behind this design, was to encourage the consumer/recipient/audience to tear off a pot noodle lid and put it into a bucket for a prize draw. On the night as there were that many people there, I was more interested in the concept behind it than the actual purpose. It really got me thinking about possibilities for my COP3 project and made me want to find out more about experiential design. 

I am so pleased that I made the effort to go to visit Momentum in Manchester, as I have now got this contact for the future and will be able to question them about any experiential marketing that they work on for primary research.


No comments:

Post a Comment