Thursday 1 May 2014

OUGD501 - Context of Practice: Studio Brief 2 (Prototypes)

Below are all of my initial prototypes. I printed them out at home so the quality isn't the greatest, but I wasn't really too concerned about the quality at this stage in my development as I simply wanted to see whether or not the design was suitable in printed format. 

All of the photographs are self explanatory and my digital development explains all of the design decisions I made. Having this to refer back to is really helpful as I can see where mistakes were made and where they were solved. 



















When printed, I felt as though the design of the tissue coming out of the top of the box was a little bit too complex and I didn't feel as though it was obvious enough to the audience what it was trying to portray. I therefore think I am going to go with the simple idea and keeping it in a square format instead. 




I made prototypes of the concertina notelets inside to check whether it would work. I think it will work so I am quite happy about this. 



I also experimented with printing the logo and 'memo pad' on the first leaf of paper coming out of the top of the box. If I was going to take this idea further though, it would mean that this piece of paper could only be utilised on one side which means that it isn't going to be as ethical or sustainable. 






When I printed my work out at college I printing a couple of extra copies in case anything went wrong when I cut them out. Thankfully, this meant that when the ink cracked on my first sample, I had another one which I could use instead. 





I scored the inside of the packaging net to ensure that it folded accurately, this worked really well. I was worried initially that it would damage the quality of the print. 




I decided to use double sided tape to seal the box because I didn't want to get glue anywhere on my design. I am happy with this decision as it worked out well on my practice run. 


Final Boxes 

Below is the development of my final box. 











No comments:

Post a Comment