Thursday 1 May 2014

OUGD501 - Context of Practice: Studio Brief 2 (Crit During Final Development)

During the time that I was carrying out all of my experimental development, trying out different layout ideas and experimenting with the designs of the icons, I thought it would be appropriate for me to get some feedback on some of my ideas. I asked someone who hadn't seen what I had been working on at all, so they were able to look at it from a different perspective. 

I wanted to know the following:

  • Is the white background or the blue background most appropriate?

The feedback I received was initially to use the blue background, but then he also mentioned that the white would work too. I therefore think I may use both for the final outcomes and produce one of each. This would work because if I was to propose the idea to Kimberly-Clark, I could pitch both boxes and give them a choice. It may turn out that they would want both to be mass produced to have a variation. 

  • Should I used the same oval used for the icons on the top of the box or should I reduce the width of it?

The immediate response was to reduce the width of it to be more in keeping with some of the already existing Kleenex tissue boxes. I was happy with this answer as it means that it will add a bit more variety to the design and will separate the pattern from the rest of the box. 

  • Do the block icons work or should I be using a mixture of some which are block filled and some which are just the outline alone?

By observing a couple of examples which demonstrate both block alone and a mixture, I received feedback which was to fill all of the icons in in the same way to keep it consistent.

  • Any other comments? 

On the bottom of the box I have included some text for the recipient to read when they first receive the memo pad. It has been suggested that I should remove the oval from the bottom and instead simply have text alone. I like this idea as it allows the rest of the design to stand out and the simplicity of the design demonstrates the simplicity and clinical aspect of Kimberly-Clark and their products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment