Thursday 10 April 2014

OUGD501 - Context of Practice: Studio Brief 2 (Self Initiated Crit)

Today I felt as though I was struggling to come up with a solid idea for studio brief 2. I had already had some initial thoughts and written down some of my ideas, but felt as though I needed a crit to be certain. I sat down with Ellen and discussed some of my ideas and we also discussed her essay and some of the possibilities for her practical element. 

We focused on Ellen's work to start with and came up with quite a few ideas which would be successful and achievable in the time we have left. After spending about 40 minutes on this, we then moved on to my brief. I wrote down some of my further thoughts as we were discussing ideas. I was really struggling still though and didn't feel as though I was making much progress. For some reason, I had it in my mind that I wanted to produce something which related to McDonald's. I wanted to try and see if I could come up with something first before dismissing the idea completely. However, the more I spoke about ideas with Ellen, the clearer it became that I would have to visit McDonald's for some primary research before making this decision. 



No comments:

Post a Comment