Tuesday 29 April 2014

OUGD501 - Context of Practice: Studio Brief 2 (Synthesis of Primary Research and Final Concept)

Having now visited McDonald's and collected some relevant research for Kimberly-Clark, I am not at a suitable stage where I feel I can make some progression in terms of the practical work. When I went to McDonald's and picked up the leaflet on people and employees, I considered how this may be influential to be later on in my development, and it has turned out to be. 

Having decided to focus on Kimberly-Clark, I thought back to all of the research I have collected as a whole and thought about how I could create a sense of synthesis with my research as well as my essay. Although this is only synthesis in a very subtle way, I have decided that I am going to take the idea of this leaflet, and the idea of the tissue box to create a product which will be designed to help inform new employees of Kimberly-Clark of their ethical values and sustainable practice, to enable them to be reminded and feel like they are gaining a valuable insight into the brand.

Concept

The concept I have come up with is as follows: I have decided to research further into Kimberly-Clark, using their website (as I know this is a reliable source) to produce a notelet dispenser/memo pad which is given to new employees on their first day of working in a Kimberly-Clark office. 

Audience

The audience would be new employees who are getting to grips with the ethical values of a new company and who want to be as successful as possible in their new job. Having already been hired by Kimberly-Clark, they will have already been made aware of their values, but this would simply be a way of reinforcing their brand values on a regular basis, for their first month of working there roughly. 

This is something which I could produce and then potentially pitch to Kimberly-Clark themselves, as this is something that they may be interested in producing, if they have already got stationery for their staff and would like to engage in a more creative alternative.







No comments:

Post a Comment