Monday 28 April 2014

OUGD501 - Context of Practice: Studio Brief 2 (Kimberly-Clark Existing Design Research)

I have carried out some research into existing design for Kimberly-Clark on Behance. As I want to make sure that I don't cover something which has already been done before. The examples below illustrates a POS display. The design itself is in keeping with the brand and I think I could take inspiration from it for this reason.






Here, somebody has taken the idea of their paper dispenser and developed an info graphic to be printed on the product itself. This is quite a good idea, however would be too complicated for somebody to try in the space of time that they have whilst drying their hands. 


I also came across some packaging design. I am not keen on it at all though which just gives me more confidence with my own work, as I know that I won't be producing something as busy as this, and instead will be creating something which is more more suited to the branding. 



I really like the design idea shown below. It is playful and works well for the Kleenex brand. I would like to create something along similar lines, but with a more corporate and perhaps clinical feel to represent the tissue products which Kimberly-Clark distribute worldwide. 



I have found that a lot of the work which has already been produced is either digitally designed or unrelated to the packaging, apart from a couple of examples. As I love packaging, and my essay is about the production of products in terms of use of materials and so on, I feel it would be appropriate for me to design something which is packaging based.


No comments:

Post a Comment