Saturday 5 April 2014

OUGD501 - Context of Practice: Studio Brief 2 (Initial Ideas)

Today I started thinking about some of my initial ideas for the practical side of context of practice. I looked at my essay and tried to note down any key points of interest either in the title or the essay itself. The first thing that came to mind was to create something for McDonalds, as there is so much I can work with. I like the idea of looking at the environment and sustainability and then linking it back to the form of food or drink to portray the idea that both the food and the packaging is good on the outside but bad on the inside, when considering ingredients and the damage that packaging does to the environment. Richard also mentioned to me that I should look at the book 'Cradle to Cradle' and how we can remake the way we make things. Here, I could consider a piece of packaging and try and remake it in a more sustainable way, either through the use of materials or making it reusable. Although many of my initial thoughts are based on the idea of creating something for McDonalds, I also have Kimberly-Clark to consider. When I carry out some further research I will be able to make a decision about which route to take with this brief. 



No comments:

Post a Comment