Tuesday 25 March 2014

OUGD505 - Design Practice 2: Studio Brief 2 (Costing)

As I only have a limited amount of time to complete this brief, I need to get myself as organised as possible. I only really have the period of time over the Easter break to finish all of my work and get it ready for my stall at Waterstones. Today I carried out some research online for all of the different bits and pieces I will need. I want to try and keep the cost down as I have already spent a lot on the production of the box as well as the paint. 

I researched into different types of buckles that are available to buy online, considering delivery time and where they are coming from. The first two examples below demonstrate buckles which are available but they are either too big or will take too long to arrive.



I have decided that I am going to order the buckles listed below. They are the cheapest option and they will arrive as soon as possible. They are also an ideal size because I don't want them to be too large. This size is ideal for me to use to hold all of the flash cards together securely. 


I have also researched into webbing further, to see whether I can find anything more appropriate to the webbing I found in Homebase. However, I have decided now that I am going to use the webbing I found in Homebase because I know that it is high quality and readily available rather than waiting for it to arrive in the post. 


I also came across these wheels online and think they would work really well as a part of my road safety collection. Although at the moment I am not sure what I will use these for, other than perhaps attaching them to my keyrings, I am sure that I will find a use when they arrive. Or alternatively, I could ask for some feedback in a crit and see if anyone has any useful suggestions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment