Tuesday 10 December 2013

OUGD503 Responsive - Design Process 2: Ossett Town A.F.C (Research)

When I was contacted to design a double sided A5 flyer for Ossett Town A.F.C I thought it would be worthwhile to do a bit of research into them first. So I decided to search for them online. Their website is how I had imagined it to be, quite busy with the colours taken from their logo and used for the main layout and text on the site. I thought I could pick up on some of the key elements of the design on there and apply it or at least take some influence from it for the flyer.

I noticed straight away how the 'Ossett Town AFC' came in at the side with a red tab behind it, and thought I could apply this to my design. 


I also noticed how some of the typography is enlarged in placed to make certain information stand out. This is another tool I could use when designing the flyer to capture the audience's attention.


I then carried out looking at different pages on the website to see if I could get anymore inspiration, but there wasn't really anything else that stood out to me. Therefore the key things I can take from this research is the fact that the I need to use bold, enlarged text in places as well as consider using the red tab in the background behind headers.




No comments:

Post a Comment