Wednesday 20 November 2013

OUGD504 - Design Production: Design For Web (Illustration Research)

At the moment I am thinking that this kind of illustrative style would work well for my website on sugar cane. I feel as though I could successfully illustrate the processes of how sugar cane is produced quite effectively, as well as draw some simple info graphics which make my website easy to follow. It is however aimed at multinational corporations, and so therefore I may need to make sure that I don't cross the line making it look too amateurish and childish. The second example below is an example of some work produced for John Lewis who is obviously a well respected brand and I think the illustration of the stocking with the aligned text below it works really well. It makes it look friendly and inviting which is definitely a feeling I would like to create for my users.

I also think that the photography alongside the illustration works really well to create a more professional feel to it. Even though it is a publication and not design for web I think I could work with both image and hand rendered illustrations in the same way, similarly to the Rewined website too.





No comments:

Post a Comment