Wednesday 1 May 2013

OUGD406 - Speaking From Experience: Primary Research (The Botanist)

When I went to The Botanist restaurant in Leeds I absolutely loved all of the decor inside as well as their menu designs. I felt very inspired while I was in there, especially as I am in the middle of developing my final designs for speaking from experience. At this moment in time I am in the process of designing the layout of the menu cards, in terms of text. However this really inspired me to include some illustrations as well. This is unusual for me, as I have never been confident at drawing, however I feel as though it can add such a personal and unique touch to a piece of work, rather than making it all computer based design. I think the colour scheme works really well too, as all of the neutral tones tie in well together. The typeface they have chosen is also very suited to the restaurant itself, representing it very well.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment