Sunday 5 May 2013

OUGD401 - Context of Practice: From Theory into Practice: Final Designs/The Result

Below are my final designs all on A3 format. When I printed in the digital print room I took all four of these files packaged and ready to be printed. Having experimented previously I was certain that everything was the correct size, which meant that the final stage of constructing it all ran smoothly.





Final publication

The photographs below are of my final publication. There are a lot of different elements to it, and I have designed it so that half of it would be received in one month's issue of Vogue and the second half in the next. The photograph below shows what would be given in the first issue, a brief history of Chanel products concertina, a box with all of the items to go on the shelves and the shelves themselves which simply open and can be placed inside the box once they have been completed.


This is what the concertina looks like up close, I wanted to design it to be as classy as possible, with a fastening which relates to Chanel also, which is why I chose to use black ribbon. 


Here are the instructions I included within the publication too, otherwise the recipient wouldn't know what to do with everything inside of the Chanel box. I kept the instructions as concise as possible, as I want the publication to be something that is known for being simplistic but with a clever concept behind it, in the same way Chanel is presented as a brand. 


The box was designed to package the items neatly with little room for them to move around and get damaged. I feel as though this is important because I want the publication to be something which can be kept out as a decoration for the collector, therefore it must remain in good condition.




Once the shelves are open this is what they look like. I have stuck down tabs on each of the shelves so that the recipient can easily peel away the plastic cover to stick down the items, using the concertina as a guide for where each item should be placed.


The other half of the publication looks like this. I have attached all three concertinas together to create a timeline of images of Chanel adverts in Vogue. I struggled to find a lot of images which were suitable to use, in terms of their quality, but I have tried my best to present them as best I can.


 When all of the items are in the correct places, the box then closes and I have sealed it with a ribbon, with a label on the outside explaining what it inside briefly. The idea is that the recipient then opens up Chanel house themselves to enter the world that lies within and the history that comes with the brand.


Overall, I am really pleased with the outcome of this publication and the way it has turned out. If I had more time I could have continued to design materials which could be distributed over continuous months, but I am happy with what I have been able to achieve, especially looking back to the start of the year when I didn't even know how to use Illustrator or InDesign.




No comments:

Post a Comment