Thursday 18 April 2013

OUGD406 - Speaking From Experience: Research After Crit

I feel it is really important for me to look at the different ways in which the recipes cards can be stored. This recipe box reminds me of one I used to use when I baked as a child, however this is a more developed design with a more modern twist to it. I think it is very functional and would work well, however I am not sure whether the students would have it out on show all of the time or whether they would prefer to have it stored in a more subtle way, a way in which they could choose a home for it.

Pinned Image
Source

I thought it might be helpful to give them a tea towel as an added extra. This would allow them to have something useful to keep. I could perhaps screen print depending on the time I have, or if not I could give them one which matches the colour scheme of the rest of my designs.

Pinned Image

The rustic style of this made me think I could create something along the same lines. The cream and black works well together and I could even create something which resembled scales, with the recipes cards slotting in the top to create a 'balanced diet'. The idea of using a crocodile clip too, to store the recipes is good, and I think it would add an authentic touch, however it isn't as practical as it could be.

Pinned Image
Source

Again, this is using a set of slips to create a rounded shape of cards. I think it is quite a feminine way of storing things too, as it reminds me of a traditional English home with lots of traditional trinkets and objects around the house.

Pinned Image
Source

Although I am not keen on the amount of colours used on this design, I still think the concept of it is really inventive and I will certainly take inspiration from this design.

Pinned Image

This is probably one of my favourite designs out of any I have come across on the internet. It is simple, stylish and representative of the content. It does however remind me slightly of a previous brief whereby I used a brown box to package, so I need to make sure I don't make it similar to that, as I want to explore and develop my skills.

Pinned Image
Source

This is a simple and functional idea I could possibly take inspiration from, however I still think I want all of the recipes to be stored together.

Pinned Image
Source

If I was to screen print I could make drawstring bags like the one shown below, and I could print my design on the front. This would be practical too, definitely something I will consider.

Pinned Image

Again, I love the packaging here, as well as the colour scheme. I think the stock works well too as it is a manageable size as well as it being suitable to write on. I will consider all of these things when finalising my design.

Pinned Image
Source

I like this simple envelope container, it is clean and minimal and straight to the point. this would be one way of storing the recipe cards, however I don't know whether everything will fit inside very well.









No comments:

Post a Comment