Monday 8 April 2013

OUGD401 - Context of Practice: From Theory Into Practice (Spectres - When Fashion Turns Back Research)

This book I got out of the library is called Spectres, when fashion turns back. I found it really inspiring, mainly because of the imagery. The box with the rail inside with hanging silhouettes inspired me to create a clothes rail which could have silhouettes of clothing hanging from it with text on the reverse side explaining the history of it.














This page of the book particularly inspired me to create my own line illustrations to include in my publication somehow. I really like how minimalistic they are and I feel as though this would work well for Chanel.




This double page spread illustrates how fashion has evolved as far back as the Victorian period. This is what inspired me to research in to lace and see how that has evolved over time.







No comments:

Post a Comment