Sunday 17 March 2013

OUGD401 - Context of Practice: From Theory Into Practice (Vogue: The Editor's Eye Book)

I went to the library and took 3 books out. I found one in particular really interesting. It is called 'Vogue: The Editor's Eye' printed by Abrams in New York. There are 8 different editors documented in this book. Talking about life from the 'editor's eye' which is really quite interesting. I don't think that visually this could be very intriguing as a publication, unless I was to try and reinterpret their views which would be quite challenging and I'm not sure whether it would be possible to get it just right. I quite liked how there were large quotes throughout the book though which stood out and were very bold and striking making them easy to remember and creating an impact. I could take this into consideration when producing my own publication.













Polly Allen Mellen (Fashion Editor 1966-1991)




Jade Hobson (Fashion Editor 1971-1988)










Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele (Fashion Director/Editor At Large 1985-1995)







George Coddington (Fashion Director 1988-1995 Creative Director 1995-Present)







Tonne Goodman (Fashion Director 1999-Present)









Phyllis Posnick (Executive Fashion Editor 1987-Present)









Camilla Nickerson (Contributing Editor 1992-2005-Present)













No comments:

Post a Comment