Friday 25 January 2013

OUGD405 - Research, Collect, Communicate: Product - Belly Band Research

Since deciding to design a belly band for my lead and brush rather than a box I thought it would be appropriate to research belly band designs to see if I can get any inspiration from them. I have chosen ones which were similar styles to mine.
This is quite similar to my style as the belly band has an organic feel to it, and all of the tones used are very neutral and complement each other well.

Pinned Image

I like the style of this design. The emblem stands out as a unique feature and the stock which has been used is very appropriate for the product. 
Pinned Image

This is very similar to the first image I found.The design is fairly feminine and once again has organic elements to it. The colour scheme is very appropriate and suitable for a wedding invitation.
Pinned Image
The colour scheme used here is exactly the same as mine. This reinforces to me that they are successful and work well together. I am not as keen on the choice of font used for the names but I like how the rest of the text has been aligned in the centre.
Pinned Image
Source

I particularly like this design. The illustration is well suited to both males and females and the neutral colours which have been used also allow it to reach a wider audience. I also like how the only detail on the belly band is on the front centre, so nothing else detracts attention from the design.

Pinned Image
Source

This is very simplistic, professional and attractive. I like the typeface which has been used and the use of uppercase works really well. I will definitely take this into consideration when designing my own bellyband.

Pinned Image

Source

The word 'notepads' has been successfully kerned and as a result it makes it stand out from the rest of the text. This shows the success of kerning, and also links to the work I have already produced for the packaging, as I did the same with my font.

Pinned Image

Source

I am not as keen on the colour scheme of this design but I think the design on the bellyband is quite successful. The card within the bellyband is well designed and looks classy and sophisticated, I think maybe the same colour scheme should have been used for both to allow them to work better in conjunction with each other.

Pinned Image

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment