Wednesday 5 December 2012

OUGD405 - How To: Visual Research

I have completed some visual research to help aid our design work for the 'How To' brief. I found some camera illustrations which I thought may be helpful when designing our personal camera to use on all of the flyers and posters.
 
Photography competition

 
This is a competition I found on Pintrest which I found quite interesting and it is very relevant to the deceiving competition we are going to be creating.
 

 
This is a much more sketchy and rough in comparison to the first image I found. The colour is the same colour we are going to apply to ours as it represents the Diana camera so it would be pointless changing it to an unrecognisable one.

Pinned Image

 
I really liked this illustration and think that the tone of red works well against the neutral background. This simple linear drawing is something we can definitely take inspiration from when designing our own camera.

Pinned Image

 
I went on the lomography website to see how their website was organised and to look at the colour scheme on there because we could perhaps incorporate this into our design.


 
The lomography camera is photographed below from different angles and these images give us a good starting point to ensure that the illustration is accurate.




 
I thought the packaging for the camera was also quite interesting. It is surprisingly very busy and covered in images which have obviously been taken on the camera to advertise the quality of it. I thought that because the camera is quite simple and minimalistic then perhaps the container would be too.
 

 
Below are the logos which we will need in order to create our advertisements. It is important that we use the correct logos as it will be more recognisable this way and people will be more inclined to get involved.




No comments:

Post a Comment